Monday, March 15

Why did you kill Steely Dan?

Loki,

I understand you prefer some Lady GaGa, Rihanna or maybe some house music.

I get that, I really do.

However, did you have to kill Steely Dan?

Yes, my Dad used to torture our family on long car trips* with Steely Dan, but you weren't around then.

My guy likes to listen to them too, but mainly on car trips by himself (Thank God).**

So, Loki, I have to know - what's you're beef is with them?

You really didn't have to devour the CD. I'm still trying to figure out how you opened the CD case, pulled out the CD, and well, you know - broke it into a bunch of pieces to munch on.

When I heard you crunching in the backseat, I knew something was wrong. I knew you were into something you weren't supposed to have.

And you killed Steely Dan.

You're a bad puppy some days. Now, I've got to tell my main squeeze that you ate one of his favorite CDs. Be ready for his wrath.

*Steely Dan is one of my dad's favorite'70s contemporary rock bands. He would make these 90-minute tapes of their music for the car. We listened to them so much my mother used to hide the tapes.
**My dad gave my guy a Steely Dan CD with some of the band's greatest hits. I tried for months to say I "forgot" to bring it back from my trips to Virginia. I finally did about a month or two ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment